After the court loan was defeated, the county began following the ownership of the 1936 United States Courthouse, recently emptied by the completion of a new federal court complex.  At a press conference on December 29, 2016, officials from Travis County and the federal judiciary as well as local U.S. states Congressman Lloyd Doggett announced that ownership of the former federal court had been transferred to Travis County.  The county then budgeted $28 million to adapt the structure to current building rules and adapt it to the county`s estate courts by 2020.  On July 10, 2018, Travis County entered into a negotiation agreement with the developers for the design and construction of a new courthouse in downtown and on January 15, 2019, the county authorized funding for the project.  Construction began with a groundbreaking on May 31, 2019, with completion of the new facility scheduled for 2022.  In 1930, the county chose a site on the north side of Wooldridge Park for the construction of a third and largest courthouse county. Construction began with the laying of the foundation stone in 1930;  On June 27, 1931, the courthouse was completed and its opening solemnly, and the courts and county offices moved from the previous courthouse.  In 1958 and 1962, as the county continued to grow, the facility was significantly completed.  Travis County`s first specially built courthouse was a modest two-story stone building built in 1855 near Republic Park in downtown Austin. This courthouse was replaced by a larger building in 1876 and finally demolished in 1906. The Second Court of Travis County was a three-story limestone building, designed in the monumental Second Empire style, built on the south side of the Texas State Capitol.
The county`s needs also increased beyond this building, and in 1931 it was replaced by the current courthouse, then used as an office for Texas authorities and finally demolished in 1964.  The interior of the building shows modern art and art deco surfaces and details. The structure was originally built to house three courts and all the offices of the district government, with the district jail located on the two upper floors.  As of 2017 [Update], it now houses two County Civil Courts, one Justice of the Peace, thirteen Texas District Courts, two Clerks Districts, and two Estate Courts, although the estate courts will be transferred to the former federal court by 2020.  The Heman Marion Sweatt Travis County Courthouse is Travis County, Texas. The courthouse is located in downtown Austin, Texas (administrative headquarters), and houses civil and criminal courts and other district government functions. The courthouse was built between 1930 and 1931 in the modern style of the contemporary PWA, then expanded in 1958 and 1962. In the early 2010s, as population growth in Travis County continued to weigh on courthouse capacity, the county planned to replace the 1931 courthouse with a new, even larger facility. Officials chose land in downtown, near the site of the first district court, and on August 18, 2015, the Travis County Commissioners` Court voted to propose a $287 million municipal loan to fund a new court complex.  However, in the November 2015 legislative election, the borrowing measure was rejected by Travis County voters and the county adopted a “conservation master plan” in January 2016 to provide for the necessary repairs to the existing courthouse.  The reference lawyer can check your documents before going to court and guide you through the steps of applying for a professional licence. Following the state`s establishment of a temporary Texas State University law school for Negroes, the district court found that the state had fulfilled its constitutional obligations to Sweatt; Sweatt, however, appealed to the U.S.
Supreme Court, and in 1950 the Supreme Court of Sweatt v. ruled. .